Now Seeing Patients using Telemedicine
What is telemedicine?
Telemedicine involves the use of electronic communications and software to provide clinical services without and in-person visit.
Who can use telemedicine?
- KCHC registered patients. (If you are not a registered patient, you can call KCHC at 256-5242 to register.)
- You must have a valid email address in our system to ensure that you get the invitation and link to the telemedicine visit.
What do I need to be seen by telemedicine?
- You must have a smart phone, tablet or computer and have Zoom installed. (Please go to Zoom.us for download and installation instructions.)
Do I have to live in Kagman to be a KCHC patient?
- Anyone can register and be seen at KCHC.
Will my privacy be ensured?
- KCHC’s telemedicine system integrates the Zoom Healthcare platform right into its Electronic Health Records (EHR) and meets the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements. Meeting HIPAA requirements means that extra security features are taken to ensure patient privacy during the video/audio transmission.
Can I still get prescriptions if I’m seen using a telemedicine visit?
- KCHC has the technology to send electronic prescriptions to the pharmacy of your choice. We can also call in prescriptions if needed.
I already have an appointment scheduled. Is it possible to change it to a telemedicine visit?
- Just call KCHC at 256-5242 and ask to change your appointment to a telemedicine visit.
The Kagman Community Health Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) located on Lemmai Way in Kagman II.
KCHC provides outpatient services including:
- General Primary Care Services
- Basic Diagnostic Laboratory
- Voluntary Family Planning
- Well Child Services
- Gynecological Care
- Obstetrical Care
- Preventive Dental
- Case Management
- Health Education